Results of “female sexual pleasure” survey
Several months ago, I posted an invitation to participate in a research study about female sexual pleasure. The researcher, Jocelyn Wentland, MSc, has posted the results here.
Most of the participants were women between the ages of 20 and 30. Here are some of the findings (I rounded the decimals to nearest whole):
- Like to use sex toys alone: 58 percent
- Like to use sex toys with a partner: 55 percent
- Comfotable initiating sex: 90 percent
- Enjoy masturbating to orgasm: 82 percent
- Do not feel guilty about masturbation: 91 percent
- Has sex once or twice per week: 27 percent
- Fantasizing about sex is arousing: 93 percent
Seems to me like this is a group of women confident about sex, and interested in exploring sexual pleasure both alone and with partners. Looking at how comfortable these 1500 women are with masturbation and sexual fantasy makes me wonder whether designers of erotic 3-D environments should be talking to researchers like Jocelyn as they build their worlds.
It seems to me this tailers in with my previous post. Woman can and do think about sex almost (if not more) then men. I did find some of the information actually pretty interesting, and for dealing with ones wife… I know roughly where I’d stand on some issue… Okay, I’d know better where I’d stand. Men will never fully understand women.